Thursday, February 4, 2016

Sooooooo....... It's been a while. 😁

It's been a few years since I last posted and a whole lot has happened. 

First the kids are a few years older. I now have a third grader and a sixth grader!! How in the heck did that happen?!? 

We've lost a few family members along the way. John's Grama (Nanny) passed in September of 2012. She was the matriarch for our family. She was my second mother after I moved here. She was my best friend. She knew all my secrets, my fears and my joys. Don't get me wrong my mom still is and will always be my mom and my best friend. But man, did I miss her when she passed. Still do to this day. 

The other family member that passed was John's mother. She passed in January 2015. My kids called her Lulu. She was a unique Grama. She loved my girls with all her heart. She had her own personal problems/demons she had to deal with. She was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and RA. I don't think I have ever met a more self sustained woman. If she wanted to do something she figured out how to get it done. I will always admire that about her. She didn't let much stand in the way of she wanted it bad enough. 

On to other news. 
I now have a job as a Pre-K teachers assistant. I absolutely love it! It's awesome to see 20 different minds work in 20 (sometimes more) ways. I never know what one of them is going to say. After 12 yrs of being a stay at home mom, let's just say I felt like I was thrown in the lions den.  Not being used to being on my feet for more than an hour at a time to being on my feet almost nonstop for little over 8 hrs a day, is quite a shock to my body. Not gonna lie the first 2 weeks, heck month, was torture! My whole body ached and I was grumpy. 😁 I sincerely apologize!! 
Now though, I am much better! I have lost almost 20 lbs since August 2015 to February 2016!! I can't believe it!! I have gotten a Fitbit and am in challenges with friends that keep me going. I reach my 10,000 step goal each day. It may not be at school, but it doesn't take much for it to be reached at home. I dance to the wii games that the kids have and when the weather warms up I plan on walking more outside. I am so proud of myself! 🙌🏼 next thing I am working on is eating better. 

Well I think that is about it for now. Hopefully I will be more active in posting things that have happened or new recipe tried or something. 

Kristy

No comments: