Thursday, May 20, 2010

Recipe Wednesday!

I know, I know!!! I missed yesterday. I am sorry for that. I was at my daughters school all day watching her have fun at "Super Kids Day". They got to go to the football field and play games all day. I am fried to a crisp. I think I am also a little wind burnt too.

Anyway..... On to recipe Wednesday.

I kinda made this one up as I went. I still change it a bit every time I make it too. =)

Chicken and rice casserole (feeds my family of 4)

Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans of Cheddar cheese soup
chicken broth (will explain how much later)
salt and pepper to taste
2 bags of minute rice family size (the kind you can boil in a bag) It probably equals out to 2 cups
Lemon juice (concentrated)

1. Cut all excess fat off chicken breasts.
2. Put the 2 cans of cheese soup in a large mixing bowl. Then measure out 2 cans of chicken broth in the soup cans. Slowly mix together until well blended. Then add rice and stir.
3. add salt and pepper to taste to soup mixture
4. add lemon juice to taste (I use about a tablespoon)
5. pour about 1/2 of soup mixture to a greased 9x13 pan.
6. add chicken breasts on top
7. pour on the rest of soup mixture
8. cover with foil and bake at 350 until chicken is done.

I take off the foil and let it dry out some because I don't like it soupy. Sometimes I add about a cup of frozen mixed veggies to it.

I hope you enjoy and if there are any questions don't be afraid to ask!

No comments: